Do you wear colour?
Do you love colour ?
These are the AW18 Colours that you could be wearing for the new season.
Colour can really affect our mood and how others see us.
Advantages of wearing the right colour
Wearing the right colours will enhance our natural looks, the result is;
- Healthier, younger and more natural look
- Definition to the face shape and slimmer bodyline
- Brightening eyes, gives our skin a glowing/dewy appearance
Colour is the essence of successful dressing
- Affects how we feel and how people respond to us
- Gives us confidence
- Creates a positive first impression
- It’s is the first thing others remember about us
Colour has amazing properties, would you of thought of these colours like this?
Black and Grey- Deep dark colour, gives the illusion of looking sleek. Seen as an authoritarian colour but also seen as ‘the safe option’ so is sometimes seen as a lack of imagination by those who only wear black.
- White – Virginal, crisp, clean colour and a sign of purity
- Brown – Earthy, with nature….seen as an ‘at ease’ or ‘relaxed’ colour
- Blue – A conservative/safe colour
- Pink – Compassionate, gentle, feminine
- Purple – Welcoming to others, warm, creative, sensitive
- Green – As this is the colour of our many elements of nature it is seen as a calm colour and free spirit
- Red – Whatever tone of red you wear it will show to others you are confident with yourself and ‘who you are’, it is not a calming colour, more a colour of excitement. Red is seen to have sex appeal due to the fact those who wear it give the impression of confident ,exciting and fun, therefore, making it a sexy colour and an attraction to the opposite sex
Basically colour is all about the undertone it runs with and your skin also runs with an undertone, for you to look great the undertones need to match. The undertone is either blue ( Winter and Summer colours ) or yellow ( Autumn or Spring colours ). Colour has no relevance to your eye or hair colour, it is all about your skin.
Some ladies who have their colours done love the fact they have a structured set of colours and this works really well for those individuals but for other ladies it throws them into turmoil as they go from wearing many different colours to being told they can now only wear a specific selection of colours. Which lady are you?
What I want to tell you is please do be flexible with your colours and here are my tips in how you can do this;
1. If you can’t wear black ( blue undertone ) then add in a piece of either gold jewellery or maybe a scarf or jacket with a yellow undertone
2. Use one of your colours as the main colour in either a print or block coloured garment, you can add in a colour that is not yours as your main colour will bring the other colour alive
3. Colour has no relevance on your lower body so don’t worry what you wear colour wise here. Air on the side of caution with a lighter colour as it will make an area appear larger
4. As long as you have one of your colours somewhere near your face then other colours will work too.
I know how difficult it must be to find only the selection of colours that are in your swatch as there are so many colours in our spectrum, so try the below when you try on any garment with colour whether it be in your existing wardrobe or in a changing room;
1. Skin tone on face needs to be light, bright and even
2. Skin tone will show no spots or blemishes
3. Defined jawline
4. Defined bridge of the nose
5. No shadowing under the chin
6. No dark shadows under the eyes
7. If your skin appears grey and flat in tone it can make you look older and none of us want that do we?, pop the item back
8. Certain colours will appear to make your head draw into your neck, this will add pounds to your face, pop that item back too.
Remember it’s all about the undertones matching. When these undertones match boy will you know it, your face will come alive and you will walk out the door knowing you both look great and feel great too.
Lots of love Lisa xx